22 November 2008

I would like to blog about something else...

But that's just not possible right now. I loved the Twilight movie! Most of the people I know loved / liked it and only 2 people I've personally talked to didn't like it. Here's what I've discovered from talking to people:

1. The ones that have not read the book have loved it.
2. The ones that recently read the book (like days / weeks before seeing the movie) don't like it.

When it comes to movies based on books I go in with a clean slate not comparing it to the book AT ALL. I know the book will always be better, so I go in to enjoy the ride the movie will offer me. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

I'm now going into the movie just a bit but I'm going to keep it general but beware and stop reading now if you don't want to know anything.

1. At first I thought the portrayal of Jasper was odd. But the more I thought about it, it made sense because Jasper is new and struggling to the vegetarian life style so of course he's going to look uncomfortable around humans. It was something I never imagined while I read but it makes complete sense. Genius I say!

2. I really liked everyone that played the Cullens. Amanda & I talked about how we liked that Rosalie wasn't stick thin and she's still gorgeous. Haha, I really liked Rosalie. Oh and Alice... she was adorable. I really liked the Robert dude as Edward.... yeah... good stuff

3. Vampire Baseball..... I LOVE this scene! Amazing.

4. I really liked the filmography.... is that even a word? I liked how it had that dark look to it... I don't know if that makes any sense. But I liked it.

5. I wish there was more kissing! Don't get me wrong the main kissing scene that we got was definitely.... um... *fans self* hot... yeah.

6. People can't complain about the beach scene not being sunny because what you see in the movie is a realistic day at the coast. We don't have "beaches" in the Northwest we have the coast. Where surfers have to wear wet suits or else they get hypothermia. Where you always have to have a jacket even in the middle of the summer

Oh, I just love the northwest.

I'll upload some photos from our midnight party for Twilight!

3 comments:

mandahugnkiss said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! I'm so glad I have you to be (ummmm,is obsessed a good word?) and completely geeked out and girly about it with. *sigh*...Edward/Robert hmmm I love him. :) Shall we go again you ask? Why yes, I think we shall!!

Laura said...

Can't wait to see your photos!! And see the movie again with you! :-)

The Mulligan Family said...

I enjoyed the movie - it's been a few months since I read the book. I think I will like the movie even better the second time around... and you're right, the movies are never as good as the book.
I too LOVED The baseball scene. That was fun and exciting and fantastic, and at first I didn't like the coloring in the way the movie is shot - but it grew on me.
I really loved it when Edward shows his skin in the sunlight to Bella. I wondered how that would look and if they'd be able to pull it off in the movie. I think they did a great job.

Any news on New Moon being made into a movie?