14 December 2009

Jen, Erika and I take Portland

Jen and Erika came up and visited Oregon this summer and we spent the day in Portland and then reminisced of younger days and had a slumber party.  I decided since we're going to Portland we should go to things that I've been meaning to see and do but haven't. 


We spent an hour or two at Powell's Bookstore and we still could have used more time, that place really is giant!  We walked to the intersection where they blew up a car for the season 2 opening episode of Leverage, (man, I hope they come back up here to film season 3!) and we posed by the building that was the bank in the same episode.

 
I showed them the gate to "China Town" and we ate at yummy Old Town Pizza.  The restaurant is an old hotel lobby, which was built in 1880.  We lucked out and were able to eat in the elevator shaft.  The elevator shaft is a coveted table.  This restaurant is haunted by Nina, who was found dead in the elevator shaft of the hotel after she agreed to help the missionaries clean up the neighborhood of the prostitution.  (Nina was forced into prostitution through white slavery).  And it's reported that Nina has not left the hotel. 

I took the photo of us using a technique called sync flash.  The shutter is open a little bit longer than normal and the flash goes off at the beginning or the end, which one you set it for.  I set mine to go off at the end.  It gives some fun results, I can't wait to experiment with it some more.

Oh the fun we had!

4 comments:

Ivon said...

Looks like you gals had a good time. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Laura said...

What a fun weekend!

I want in on the fun, let's play with sync flash for sure!! :-)

Family Fun said...

Hey you this is Kimberly. I locked my blog but I would love to invite you as a reader. I just need your email address. So email me @kckccoates when ever you have time.:)

Family Fun said...

kckccoates@gmail.com