28 July 2010

Erica's bridal shower

Tonight was Erica's bridal shower. We did not plan an ordinary bridal shower... ours was Broadway themed! My pictures are film, so I'm unable to post what I captured until that roll gets developed, but I'm sure my sister will be posting some soon.

But anyways, it was very classy and elegant with white lights streamed throughout Ardith's beautiful backyard. We had a red carpet leading into the backyard and tea-lights throughout lining the carpet and the along the different levels of the yard. With chinese lanterns disbursed in a couple of trees like big white fruit.

We had the following refreshments (cookies provided by Kim and cupcakes provided by Sarah)
Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoats (sugar cookies)
Dinglehoppers (chocolate cookies)
Scarlet Pimpernel (red velvet cupcakes)
Funny Girl (lemon cupcakes)
Mama Mia (chocolate peanut butter cupcakes)
Les Miserables (water)
Mary Poppins (lemon water)
The Producers (cucumber water)

We had four round tables set-up with black balloons with white polka dots and the following images that I made as center pieces (Can you tell what's different with the posters?):





I must say I so heart Office Depot, they printed these beautifully and their customer service is SO much better than Kinko's. (and I believe cheaper)

It was Kim's idea to do the invite as a playbill (Westside Story) and our whole theme evolved from that. We all worked hard to make this beautiful and fun for Erica. And she looked so pretty tonight too.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It was a lot of fun and turned out spectacularly well! Yay us!

Laura said...

It was amazing and I am so thrilled with how it all came together!
Your posters are a-maz-ing!! You're so talented and they were the hightlight of the party!

Becca and fam said...

What a fun idea! Congratulations to Erica!

Ivon said...

Nice work to all of you. Your mom was very impressed and the two of you filled me in very nicely. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Nancy said...

BRAVO.....to work well done!! The best bridal shower I have ever been to OR even ever heard about!!! Erica did look beautiful ;)