01 May 2011

Update on several things

I haven't had real internet access in the last two weeks. I say real because I was able to get on public computers a couple days during the two weeks and provide quick updates via facebook but that was pretty much it.

I have done my "Taste of Italy," Paris, and Reykjavik trips. (Unfortunately my friend was sick in Paris and had pneumonia, but she's discharged, on the mend, and back in the states)

About two months ago I set-up goals for the "next phase" since I met all the goals I had set for myself when I moved to Scotland. To achieve my new goals it was time to return to the states. (And I couldn't find a job in Scotland, so I used up all of my savings living and traveling, but I found one in Oregon.)

After Reykjavik I flew back to Oregon and surprised my nieces and nephews. Madison and Alivia told me I'm never to leave again. Landon, our 6-year old gamer (who is very competitive when you play with him) gave me his lives on Mario Brothers so I could continue playing two-player since I really suck at video games and died. Needless to say I was excited to see them and they were excited to see me.

My "Unprocessed photos" & "To blog" folders are absolutely HUGE because I've slacked on my updates. :-) Sorry! I'll still be uploading those photos and activities as posts.... eventually.

It's been interesting trying to adjust. I have made sure to not take any naps and I thought it would only take me a day to get back to normal but I was wrong. Around 5:00pm I'm ready for bed BUT I still go out with my friends. For example, we saw Jane Eyre last night. I really liked that movie and I want to see it again. But in the evening my brain kind of checks itself out so when we're hanging out they get a lot "Well I.... sorry I lost my thought.... I'm sure it'll come back...." sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

And I was planning which bus to take to work on Monday, I was looking at the routes to see my best options. The bus I will take makes a loop so I need to catch it after it completes that loop to head downtown. My dad told me the stop down the road works perfectly and I was arguing with him that it doesn't because it's on the wrong side of the street and will take me on the loop. We went back and forth a couple of times before I realized I was thinking the bus was driving on the left side of the street instead of the right side. Oops.

And by the way, I'm SO excited to have a dryer again! Yay dryers!!!


Nancy said...

It takes a while for you to get used to right hand drive or left hand drive......they both look right and it gets confusing, especially on one way streets!

Sherri said...

I'm just glad your home safe and sound...I can't believe that you went and experienced all that you did! Your amazing! I am going to miss Europe...through your eyes. I am sure you will have many adventures right there in Oregon...your whole family is full of them! I love you!

Kim said...

So glad you're back and looking forward to seeing all your pics!

Laura said...

So funny!!
I can't wait to see your photos too and hear all your stories. :-)
Love you!

Ardith Haws said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Now I'll be looking forward to more pictures from "The Continent".