06 September 2012

Good-bye Party & Moving

I've made it to Hawaii.  I have most of my prep stuff for school done, I need to get a TB test tomorrow and my student ID, the rest of the day is full of PCC (Polynesian Culture Center) fun and food.  Tomorrow will be a tour of the island fun.  Then school starts on Monday!

I've been a very bad blogger of late so I'm going to update on a few things here:

I wanted to have an Avatar the Last Airbender theme party and I thought the perfect excuse was now.  Derek and Erica just returned and I'm leaving.  Perfect.


All the main items were provided by the various nations:



And after the food and much talking we gathered the kids together to play "Pin the Crazy on Azula."  It was quite funny how NO ONE made it on Azula.  JoElla, the very last person of the 2nd game, came closest to the paper, she was at least on the same fence pole.

There may have been a lot of sabotage by those not playing and there may have been a plot to tackle Derek into the pool when he was blindfolded.... but I can't confirm that.


And thennseveral days later I finished packing my bags and moved to Hawaii.  I find it very relaxing sitting on the beach that is across from my house.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I just walk a bit to the left, cross at the cross-walk and enter the beach.


A few things to keep in mind.  It's very humid here... well at least for me and our place has no AC.  (but then I just remind myself that it's across the street from the beach.)

Yesterday, after my early morning flight, layover, and then long flight, I attempted to unpack in the middle of the hottest part of the day.  Needless to say I was a sweaty exhausted mess.   So after a trip to the grocery store I went to the beach with a friend and house-mate.

It felt good and it was nice to relax.

There's a wonderful breeze that blows so usually it's hotter in the house than outside.

I've done most of my school-prep stuff today and I'm ready for it to start on Monday - bring it!  But I have concluded that I need a bike.  I'm a sweaty mess by the time I reach the school, so if I had a bike I wouldn't be as much of a sweaty mess.

And to close here are some pictures I took today of Hukilau Beach:





I'm sure I'll be a better blogger... but I can't promise anything because I really suck at blogging.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love your blog posts, so keep it up! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! :-)

Nancy said...

It seems like you're settling in nicely, it must be rough having a beach across the road.....poor Steph ;)

Nancy said...

I'm glad you're settling in, I feel so bad for you about the beach being just acrossed the street.......the things you have to go through living in Hawaii ;)