21 March 2010

Today was a good day to speak in church....

Today I had the opportunity to speak in the Pringle Ward Sacrament. I was asked back in January and at the time I was Relief Society President.  I was released about a month ago and when I got the call to confirm I told him "I was released, so do you still want me to speak or the new Relief Society President?"  (Sorry Natalie!  LOL )

I had a great experience writing this talk. I wasn't given a topic, I was to speak on a topic of my choice.  As I pondered what to speak on, several different topics and thoughts kept coming to me, so I would write them down. If you would have asked me yesterday what I was speaking on I would tell you "It's very eclectic.  It's all over." But miraculously at 2:00 in the morning it all came together, flowed nicely and I realized I did have a topic!

In a nutshell I spoke on how loved we are by all the gifts we've been given and most importantly a Savior and the Atonement. And I also touched on us not being alone, at the times that we feel that we are, we need to use the Atonement to ease our sorrows. Our Savior will help us carry our burdens.

I love the hymn "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and I concluded my talk with the chorus, and I'm going to include that here as well.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives.
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”

9 comments:

Ardith Haws said...

It was a wonderful talk, Stephanie. So well put together and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. I loved it.

5Youngers said...

Sounds like a wonderful talk so sad that I missed it.

Sherri said...

That is one of my favorite songs too! I wish I could have heard your talk. I love talking...I think it is the best opportunity to learn!

Kim said...

I thought you did a fabulous job!! I also loved it!

Laura said...

Thanks for bringing your talk over so I could read it. AWESOME! I would have loved to hear it first hand but the dangerous sport of gardening got the best of me. So sad....
GREAT talk!!

The Farrs said...

I wish I could have heard it! That's one of my favorite songs too. Hey, if you want to go to Ankeny or Basket Slough sometime to take pictures, just call me :-)!

Nancy said...

Your talk was wonderful!! I loved every word that you spoke, plus I learned so much while you were speaking. Thank you!! I love you!!

julie said...

WHAT A NEAT EXPERIENCE. I SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE I LEARN SO MUCH MORE WHEN I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH.

Ivon said...

It was awesome. I am glad that I was able to hear it.