05 October 2010

It's time...

I haven't had internet access for almost a week. I would check my email every once in awhile on my sister's finicky dumb phone. (she isn't exaggerating... that phone is frustrating!) It felt good to be "unplugged" to a point. The timing was probably not the best since I'm moving and internet is the only communication to meet up with some people since I don't have a phone. But for the most part it was nice, but weird, to be unplugged.

Anyways, I'm at the airport taking advantage of their wi-fi right now and I'm downloading the conference talks to listen to on the plane. I was able to attend the Saturday morning session and that was amazing! (And thanks to Kacy we had good seats too!)

When I left Oregon and said good-bye to my parents it didn't hit me that it was good-bye. My dad kept saying I'm going on a long vacation, as if he didn't want to use the big M-word. I thought that was funny and I may have been a snot a few times and corrected him that I'm moving. LOL But I was going to Utah with my sister just like we've done several times in the past, so I wasn't moving and that wasn't good-bye.

But, Monday morning as we were getting ready to head out for our activities I went over the schedule. "Ok, we need to pick Miriam up at 4 and then take you to the airport..... where I'll say good-bye.... to you." It started to hit me at that moment.

We had a lovely afternoon, ate lunch with Kacy at the Church Office building, walked around temple square, and found Laura the BEST vegan cupcake shop. (She was in heaven). I may have started to cry as we drove away from the airport after dropping her off.

And now it's time. I'm checked in and my 2 large bags are checked... which I wasn't charged for, but I'm not complaining! I'm not nervous. I know it's strange, but I'm very calm for this move.

The move was inspired and once I decided to move it was confirmed so strongly that there's no denying that this is right. I know it'll work out. I know I'll be taken care of, so why worry? I'm blessed with a friend in Glasgow to help me out which definitely makes this so much easier.

I don't know why I need to move, but no matter the reason I'll definitely grow from the experience. I look forward to work on my drawing and photography. I look forward to see how other people live outside of my bubble. I look forward to learning about all the great history of other countries. I look forward to work on my family history. I look forward to travel to places I never thought I'd get a chance to see. I look forward to see what the Lord has in store for me.

So I'm off!

P.S. I think I have the strangest nightmares. The other night I was tossing and turning and woke up frantic. I had a nightmare that they wouldn't let me in Scotland because I wasn't breathing right. Then I realized I was quite congested and I went to blow my nose before going back to sleep. :-)

9 comments:

Laura said...

I might have cried too Steph! :-)
I love you so much. You are an amazing woman and I know you are going to have the best time there while finding out why you need to be there. I know it was inspired. I am in awe how everything fell into place. Enjoy your new life adventure! I'll be eagerly awaiting your blog and FB updates and emails. LOVE YOU!!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Well, you are probably enjoying some airplane food and a cheesy movie about now!

We can't wait for you to get here! This will be such an adventure and we will do our best to take care of you and make this experience all it can be for you!

Much love!

Mary & Luis

Nancy said...

You are a pioneer and I'm so proud of you! You're so much braver than I could ever be. I can't wait to hear all about your life in Scotland. Be careful and remember you are loved by all of us!!!

Anonymous said...

Have Fun girl ...remember that we love u !!

Anonymous said...

Hey,sorry that was me !!

Joan peterson said...

Ok this Joan .. And it wouldn't let me tell who was leaving u a message.. I will try it again !! Sorry ...

Becca and fam said...

Steph, I am so excited for you and hope to see you over my web cam soon enough.
Love you!

Kim said...

I thought I had commented, but I guess I just read it and commented mentally which isn't good because you can't read that ~ haha.

I hope you have such a fun time!! You'll have such amazing experiences that I will read with happiness and a little envy ;-) And when you return, we are finding that baseball field!!!

Sherri said...

Have fun!
With all the fun you have been having saying good bye..I don't know what England is going to have to offer! Seriously you know how to PARTY!