13 January 2011

Glasgow Cathedral & Necropolis

This post may be a bit picture heavy (sorry)... I really did try to narrow down which ones to post.

The other day I visited the Glasgow Cathedral and Necropolis. Maybe I'm morbid but I love cemeteries and especially old ones. So I was a bit trigger happy at the Necropolis.


I have a feeling this police box at Cathedral Square isn't used anymore...


Geek/nerd moment - I wonder if it's bigger on the inside?


I seem to have bad luck photographing cathedrals... the front of the cathedral in New York was also being worked on. Don't they know I would like better pictures? Seriously.



These photos of the cathedral were taken from the Necropolis.


I found this funny... "go around the corner and enter the "don't bang gate" gate.... hahaha... I'm the only one? ok.


The Necropolis from the Cathedral

















10 comments:

Laura said...

I'm in love! Awesome photos! I wish I was there with you right now!! That last photo reminds me of that one statue in the New Orleans cemetery.
Show me more! Show me more!

Jen said...

These pictures are great. And don't worry Steph, your not the only morbid person out there. I too LOVE old cemeteries!

Kim said...

Very cool photos! Cute one of you with your tongue sticking out!

Nancy said...

Great pictures, my favorite ones are the two with the cathedral dark and the bright white clouds. I also love the old headstones with the sun shining through. Good job!! I, too like the picture of you with your tongue out ;) Love you!!!!!

Ivon said...

I like looking at your pictures. Keep the pictures coming. Love you.

Ardith Haws said...

You just keep clicking! These are absolutely breathtaking.

ok said...

nice picture.
i hope.. someday i can see that.

nicole b said...

I've been reading you and Laura's blog since the Sellers Retreat and I have to say I've loved reading your travel updates! What an adventure you're having! I'm just living vicariously thru you, so thanks for sharing all the great pictures and stories. Most people don't actually follow thru with things like this...it takes a lot of courage and guts to do it. Good for you! And you're right, old cemeteries are so cool.

neffie said...

Thanks Nicole! Glad you're enjoying the posts! Next time I'm in Utah we'll have to get together again! I had a blast at the seller's retreat (as I'm pretty sure Laura did too!) We'll have to have a mini-reunion or something. :-)

Meg and Joe said...

I love old graveyards too. There is something so romantic about them!