11 April 2010

Race for the Roses 5k

So this morning was our 5k. My sister, dad, and I had to leave at 4:30 in the morning, yes that's "O-dark-thirty" or "the butt-crack of dawn", a time I usually try to avoid by sleeping. Honestly I wasn't ready for today. Between the new computer, sewing, and cake decorating the weeks leading up to this flew by. Basically I did no prep-work (and my new shoes still hurt my legs). I felt like Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" and here's what I mean:



But of course he ended up getting stuck on the subway for hours cause his legs stopped working after the New York Marathon... but I digress. I jogged some of it but walked most of it. So I'm proud of my "no training" 52 min completion. I'll train for the next one and beat that score! Can I have a woot! woot! for not coming in last! LOL woot! woot!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Good job!!

Sherri said...

Woot Woot WootWooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you..you already have the bug! It is impossible not to pick it up! "I'll train for the next one and beat that score!" The competition is on! It is all about you! That is what I just love about running...because anything goes...but your just against yourself...with the energy of everyone else!

Nancy said...

WOOT..WOOT..WOOT!!!!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Laura said...

Woot woot! It was so much fun doing it with you and dad! I'm really looking forward to the one in June. :-)
PS - FUNNY episode!!

Ivon said...

Woot! Woot! I am proud of you. You are setting a good example for me. Love you.

5Youngers said...

That is awesome you did it! Congrats

julie said...

CAN I CLIMB ON THE WOOT WOOT TRAIN? I AM SO PROUD OF YOU STEPH. I FEEL YOUR PAIN, BUT THAT MAKES IT EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE. WAY TO GO GIRL!